- 1). Connect one end of an RCA audio/video cable to the video and audio outputs of a VCR. The yellow connector transmits the video signal and the white and red connectors transmit left and right channel audio, respectively.
- 2). Connect the opposite ends of the RCA audio/video cable to the matching inputs on the video capture dongle that interfaces with your video capture software.
- 3). Insert the opposite end of the video capture dongle into a free USB port on your computer.
- 4). Turn on the VCR and cue the cassette you wish to convert to the desired starting point.
- 5). Open the video capture software that corresponds to the video capture dongle.
- 6). Click on the "Record" or "Capture" button, depending on the software, to begin capturing the data from the dongle.
- 7). Press "Play" on the VCR to begin playback of the cassette.
- 8). Press the "Stop" button on the VCR when the segment you wish to convert ends.
- 9). Click on the "Stop" button in the video capture software.
Click on the File menu and "Save." Enter a file name for the converted data and click "Save" to save the file.