- 1). Park the Civic on a flat surface and turn off the engine. Open the hood and put on the gloves. If you are replacing the headlight on the driver's side, remove the power-steering reservoir tank by pulling it straight out of its holder.
- 2). Squeeze the tabs on the electrical connector to disconnect it from the headlight unit.
- 3). Remove the rubber seal on the headlight unit by pulling up on the tab. Unclip the hold-down wire in order to gain access to the bulb. Remove the bulb by pulling it out of the assembly.
- 4). Install the new bulb by pushing it into the hole. Make sure the tabs are in the corresponding slots. Pivot the hold-down wire back into place.
- 5). Reattach the rubber seal over the headlight assembly and push the electrical connector into the new bulb's tabs. If you removed the driver-side headlight, replace the power steering reservoir. Close the hood.