- 1). Turn off the Explorer's engine. Open the hood.
- 2). Use the screwdriver to remove the three screws from the headlamp assembly. Pull the headlamp away from the vehicle.
- 3). Rotate the bulb socket counterclockwise to loosen it. Remove the bulb socket from the assembly by pulling it straight out of the assembly.
- 4). Disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb socket. Remove the old bulb from the socket and replace it with a new bulb.
- 5). Reconnect the electrical connector. Place the bulb socket back into the assembly and rotate it clockwise to tighten it.
- 6). Place the headlamp assembly back into the vehicle. Reinstall the three screws to the headlamp assembly and close the hood.